To support the concept of Form and Law in our Unit of Inquiry – How We Organize Ourselves. Students are going to learn about movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities through games.
As tuning in activities, grade 4 students brainstorm what organs are inside the human body. They discuss the organs names and predict the position of the organs inside the body. After that, they trace one of their friends bodies as a model and draw human organs on the body picture. From this activity, they learn the names of human organs and what system they belong to.
To support the line of inquiry: enhancing lifestyle for health, students learn to create a campaign poster about healthy life style in visual art class. The students are going to learn to:
- use water color technique
- create an artwork in A3 Paper
- use minimum 2 blended gradation colors
- create a tidy artwork
On August 8 2017, the first day of school, students are very excited to meet the new homeroom teachers and friends. They get new school year stuff prepared and keep them in their tray. They are also busy to decorate the classroom.
The one and only routine when they come back to school is the “Welcome Assembly” that held in Amarta Hall. All students of SVP Primary School gather there to sing SVP theme song, listen to Bu Lita, our beloved principal, as well as Pak Liam, the Head of School who conduct a welcome speech for all the students, teachers, and parents. We also are informed about what’s new in SVP through a cool video about our school. Most students are excited to the new swimming pool that will be released in October 2017. We also have new common rooms where students can play games with friends.
The last picture is the 4 Borneo students.
Whole Number (up to 100.000)
- Reads and writes numbers which are more than 10.000
- Identifies the place value and digits’ value of a number
- Writes numbers in expanded notation
- Compares and orders numbers or quantities
- Determines number which are some ones, tens, hundreds, thousands, or ten thousands more /less than a number
- Groups numbers to fit decimals system notation
- Rounds off number within 10.000 to the nearest hundred, thousand, or ten thousand
- Performs addition and subtraction of numbers
- Solves addition and subtraction word problems (use model/diagrams)
- Evaluates the reasonableness of the answers by estimating result
Multiplication and Division
- Performs multiplication of numbers by 1 digit multiplier
- Performs multiplication 2 digit by 2 digit multiplier
- Performs multiplication 3 digit by 2 digit multiplier
- Performs division of numbers by 1 digit divisor
- Performs division by 2 digit divisor
- Applies correct algorithm in performing multiplication by using column multiplication or by lattice methods
- Algorithm in performing division of numbers
To support the concept of Connection and Health (health related fitness). Students are going to learn the following things:
- Component of physical fitness.
- Components of health related fitness (Cardiovascular Endurance, Flexibility, Muscular Strength, Muscular Endurance, Body Composition).
- Components of skills related fitness (Agility, Balance, Power, Speed, Coordination, Reaction Time).
WALT: Creates an e-book about health
- cite resources
- create a cover
- draw digital images
- insert and format images
- insert and format text
- record video/audio (optional)
- Share to iBooks